Discount for Professional Make-up Artists!
Something I am guilty of and that’s constantly posting up new products I have recently purchased for my make-up kit or in some cases always having to buy new products which I love to share with you all and as some of you are aware putting together a pro kit is a huge investment! So it’s good to know that there are some really great companies out there supporting makeup artists by offering Pro Discount schemes! I have gathered a little list of some brands I have discount with, this way you can save lots more money if you sign up to them too:
1. Make Up For Ever Backstage Card UK - 35% Discount . Contact PAM to apply for discount.
2. Bobbi Brown UK (Discount told upon request)- Discount available via Selfridges London, Trafford Park and Exchange Square. Email Bobbi Brown UK for more information on applying: email@example.com
3. Temptu Pro Artist Programme International- 30% Discount. Apply for discount here
4. OCC Cosmetics International - 20% Discount. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for qualifying Makeup Artists, Hair Stylists, Nail Technicians, Models, Photographers and other Industry Professionals are entitled to a 20% discount on all OCC Cosmetic Products purchased for professional use. To apply, email us them a link to your website or online portfolio, along with your mailing address, phone number and preferred email address. Don’t have a website yet? Send them a scan of your comp card, a tear sheet (with printed name credit), professional license or diploma or union card instead. Still a student of makeup artistry or cosmetology? Send them a proof of your enrolment at your current school, and you’ll qualify as well!
5. Lime Crime US Only Discount(Discount told upon request): Apply for discount here
6. Urban Decay US 40% Discount : Apply for discount here
7. Victoria Loves Beauty UK Pro Discount (Discount told upon request): Apply for discount here
8. Crownbrush UK 10% Discount: Apply for discount here
9. Daniel Sandler UK 20% Discount: Apply for discount here
10. NARS UK 30% Discount: Email NARS at email@example.com for an application form
11. Laura Mercier International 40% Discount: Email firstname.lastname@example.org An Agency Representation: Have your agency fax a roster list on company letterhead or provide a link to the agency web site. Or for Film or Television Experience: Fax crew list with name credited as a makeup artist on set. Tear sheets with name credit and a Copy of a Union Card.
12. MAC Cosmetics (Discount depends on status): Application form here
13. Illamasqua 40% Discount: Apply here
The information will you need when applying for Professional Make-up Discount…
When applying for discount you should expect to be asked to prove you are a working artist. Attach a call sheet or a union card.
Business Cards/Comp Card
If you don’t already have business cards you can get simple inexpensive cards online.
Supply a copy of an editorial page that has your name printed in the credits.
A call sheet provides information such as your call time and location, listing everyone involved in the shoot, their contact details and department they are working with. Call sheets are also used in film and TV so working on a low budget short film can be a good way to get your hands on this item of industry proof when you are starting out.
You can join BECTU (Broadcasting, Entertainment, Cinematography and Theater Union) for as little as £10 a month which gives you entitlement to a whole range of benefits and your union card can be used to prove you are a pro artist. This is great if you are a new artist with no tear/call sheets under your belt.
Several brands now accept a website as proof you are a pro.
I have gathered this information up through my experience so if you know any more bands that offer PRO discount please do tell me and I will add to this list!
I hope this helps you all.